Thursday, August 19, 2010

Such Irony...

Six years ago, there was an influx of Eastern Europeans to our community. We were profoundly fortunate in being able to hire several of them. I must admit - I had a favorite: Gregory Melikhov from Uzbekistan. During his time at Sunburst, he met and married his beautiful bride, Marina, from Russia. Gregory left in 2004 and moved away.

Today, Greg came to visit with his wife, five children, his sister, her two children, and about ten other extraneous friends and family. I felt like I was embracing a long-lost child. I had not seen Greg since our farm was destroyed by arson. He was blown away by our "re-birth" - like a phoenix. As we talked, I thought about his native Russia - on fire now - burning relentlessly, causing irreparable damage.

So, we connected in a reflection and observation about fire...Fire destroyed our farm totally. We came back from that tragedy bigger and better. I hope and pray the same for Gregory's family still in Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment